Health Insurance Navigator
Help With Insurance
The Affordable Care Act included provisions for a Health Insurance Marketplace called HealthCare.gov so individuals and businesses can compare all their health insurance options and purchase insurance. We have a Marketplace Navigator who can assist community members with the Marketplace.
Individuals and Families
If you have questions about your insurance options, we can help! Contact us to ask questions or schedule an appointment at your convenience. We have an on-staff Navigator to answer your questions and help you use the Marketplace. See some Marketplace requirements below:
Eligibility requirements for the Marketplace:
- Must live in the Marketplace geographic area
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national
- Cannot be currently incarcerated
Information needed for a Marketplace application:
- Basic contact information
- Email address
- Family and household structure
- Names of individuals seeking health coverage
- Personal information for each individual (name, date of birth, relationship to the person filling out the application)
- Information regarding access to health coverage for each individual
- Income information for each individual (even children)
- Information about financial assistance received
Life changes that might change coverage or savings eligibility*:
- Get married or divorced
- Have a child, adopt a child, or place a child for adoption
- Have a change in income
- Get health coverage through a job or a program like Medicare or Medicaid
- Change your place of residence
- Have a change in disability status
- Gain or lose a dependent
- Become pregnant
- Experience other changes that may affect your income or household size
- Other changes: change in tax filing status; change of citizenship or immigration status; incarceration or release from incarceration; change in status as American Indian or tribal status; correction name, date of birth or Social Security Number
*Those with coverage through HealthCare.gov are REQUIRED to report these changes to the Marketplace. Call our Navigator to find out when and how.
Business owners and leaders might also have questions about the marketplace and how ACA affects them. Contact us ask questions or schedule an appointment. Our Navigator can visit with you here at FHCHC or at your place of business at a time that is convenient for you. Our Navigator can also speak to your employees or set up an informational booth on site for you and your families.
Groups and Organizations
Our Navigator is also available by appointment to speak to organizations, civic groups, church groups, etc., about the Marketplace. Contact Flint Hills Community Health Center to ask questions or schedule.
To schedule an appointment, contact Flint Hills Community Health Center.