Help to Afford the Medication You Need
The Patient Medication Assistance program is a means by which the health center patients can receive prescription medications at a reduced rate through local pharmacies – or for free through major pharmaceutical companies.
The 340B Drug Pricing Program is a federal program that requires drug manufacturers to provide outpatient drugs to eligible healthcare organizations at reduced prices.
This allows us to partner with local pharmacies – like Graves Drug Store in Emporia and Walgreens – to offer discounts on certain medications prescribed by our providers.
The 340B program uses the same sliding-fee scale used for appointments at the health center. However, even patients who don’t qualify for a sliding-fee discount do qualify for a discount on medications at these pharmacies.
To qualify for the 340B drug pricing, prescriptions must be prescribed by our providers.
All major pharmaceutical companies have patient assistance programs. Our Prescription Medication Assistance Clerk will help you complete all required registration forms, submit the needed information to companies, and reorder refills when they are due.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I qualify?
You must be a patient of the health center. Beyond that, each pharmaceutical company has its own eligibility requirements. You might be eligible if you:
- Are a U.S. resident or citizen
- Meet the income limits set by the pharmaceutical company for the medication you need
- Do not have prescription drug insurance
- Need a medication that your prescription drug coverage does not cover
How do I enroll?
- In an appointment with your provider, discuss the possibility of being a part of the PMA program
- Schedule an appointment with the PMA Clerk to complete your application for the program
- Wait for acceptance of your application by the pharmaceutical company that manufactures your medication
- Schedule regular appointments with your provider to ensure your medications will be available to you
- Re-enroll annually – or as required by the pharmaceutical company
- Continue to keep all of your information up to date