Environmental Health (Serving Lyon County)
Environmental Health is another branch of Public Health that concerns all aspects of the natural and built environment that can affect human health. The goal of our Environmental Health department is to educate residents about the Lyon County Sanitation Code and implement it as needed.
Environmental Health handles:
- Evaluation and permitting of private sewage treatment systems, septage haulers and domestic water supplies
- Water screening and plugging abandoned water wells
- School inspection
- Investigation of environmental health hazards
- Education sessions for private wastewater system contractors
- Public education on issues related to environmental health
- Emergency preparedness through planning and response
420 W. 15th Ave.
Emporia, KS 66801
(620) 342-4864 Option 5